Friday, January 1, 2010

Bring Snow

Iowa gets 16 inches over night and we get six. Why does Ullr hate us? I've danced, I've sacrificed, and I've prayed. So not having much snow doesn't yield many note worthy adventures but I do have some news.

News Tidbit #1: I am going to Tahoe January 8th - January 11th. Well actually I am flying into San Francisco to meet up with Liz and then driving the 3 hours back east to the Dartmouth Cabin. Skin in, romp around in the snow for a couple days, skin out. Simply life, just the vacation I need.

News Tidbit #2: I sold two pairs of tele skis and was finally able to buy some essential gear. A larger snow pack for those backcountry adventures and an avalanche beacon so I can stop borrowing from Patrol. Mom doesn't quite know about the beacon since it it preempted by avalanche but I assured her it is a vital piece of safety equipment.

News Tidbit #3: I've had one of the worst sinus infections of past years these past couple weeks which I am finally getting over thanks to my Neti Pot.

News Tidbit #4: My family might be coming out this spring/summer to visit. I only publish this as a way to make them feel like they have no other choice since it is now all over the internets.

News Tidbit #5: I have come to the decision I will be racing cross again in 2010. After a nearly complete lack of racing in 2009, except for that one day at LHF while I was back in Iowa, I have begun to miss it. I don't know yet when training "officially begins" or what the race schedule will look like but I do know a new bike will be purchased after RAGBRAI. At least a new frame.

And since I have today off, first time in 3 years. I am off for a romp in the woods, so I leave you with some recent pictures taken while grooming and driving around on Mozart to get fuel.

A God's Eye during the morning groom. Can't tell from the picture but the snow was so delicate in the air that it looked like glitter floating around.

Headed up lane two.

Headed down Mozart for some fuel. North Peak in the foreground with Guyot and Bald in the background.

It tends to get dark by the time I head back up Mozart.

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

i assume that you'll be back in iowa for some cx racing? :)

it isn't nice to try to fool your mom. just sayin' :)

enjoy the rest of the "season"